JOHN E. CASE
PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Analytically-driven support engineer and technical writer, with 5 years of experience in financial technology, focusing on data insights and visualizations.Track record of gathering requirements, planning, developing, testing, and implementing custom solutions to meet business and customer needs. A team player with leadership and excellent communication skills, passionate about delivering high customer satisfaction.
SQL, Git, Postman, HTML, CSS, R, Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Cognos Analytics, Big Query, Excel, Google Sheets, PowerShell, Jenkins, Hugo, Markdown, Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, Technical Writing, Requirements Gathering, Project Management, Web Accessibility.
Served on the Knowledge Management Team, assisting with creating and editing Q2 support documentation and training videos. Consulted with the Q2 training department on software training for new support analysts.Coached and helped onboard multiple Implementation Engineers at Q2. Authored training documentation and presentations for a critical CRM system at Cornhusker Bank. Migrated and cleaned a data analytics platform from on-premise installation to a hosted vendor at Cornhusker Bank.
Product Support/Implementation Engineer – Sep 2018 - Present Q2 / Lincoln, Nebraska
- Created proactive product alerting, which enabled support agents to pre-emptively notify customers of file processing errors. Customer and support agent satisfaction was increased due to efficiency gains for a previously manual process.
- Coded an encryption routine to secure PII data in transit across multiple client implementations, ensuring PCI compliance.
- Deployed and alpha-tested an ACH reversal API via Postman, which enabled tighter integration between Q2 products and key customer satisfaction.
- Authored or edited over 50 support knowledge base articles, including step-by-step video guides and new hire training documents.
- Configured and conducted Selenium browser testing for post-upgrade validation. This improved post-upgrade testing and enabled the upgrades team to perform more upgrades with fewer agents.
- Distributed 500 application websites across multiple web servers, ensuring stability and uptime for 2 software platforms.
Information Systems Coordinator – May 2016 – Sep 2018 Cornhusker Bank / Lincoln, Nebraska
- Managed a banking software migration from on-premises to a hosted vendor, resulting in efficiency gains for every banking department and cost savings by reducing the on-premise server hardware footprint.
- Streamlined loan document processing, including implementing electronic signature software, which resulted in efficiency gains for multiple loan departments because signatures from customers were returned much quicker in a digital format.
- Set up a test environment for core processing to test new software versions before deployment. This enabled IT to plan and test new software versions ensuring timely upgrades and fewer impactful software defects.
- Conducted extensive user acceptance application testing for banking software.
- Authored documentation and presentations for staff training on banking software.
Business System/Support Analyst – Sep 2014 – Apr 2016 Union Bank and Trust / Lincoln, Nebraska
- Assisted with successful testing and installation of teller software applications.
- Wrote custom business analytics reports for the marketing and lending departments, allowing lending to create a servicing program for hospital lending customers.
- Created and maintained custom workflows for new account onboarding, this enabled front-line agents to capture relevant details to the account opening process with minimal friction.
Technical Analyst – Mar 2010 – May 2013 Cornerstone Bank / York, Nebraska
- Wrote code for the monthly update to reduce the processing time from 4 hours down to 2 hours.
- Led a project to install an automatic statement processing machine, this enabled the statement processing department to automate inserting statements and marketing material into envelopes.
- Installed and supported check imaging machines and software at bank branches.
DATA ANALYTICS CERTIFICATE - Sept 2022 Google Career Certificates - Coursera
MASTER OF ARTS, HISTORY – Dec 2010 University of Nebraska-Omaha
BACHELOR OF ARTS, HISTORY – May 2006 York University
- I have contributed to Contour, a CNCF open-source project as a volunteer developer and technical writer. See pull requests on GitHub at github.com/johnnycase.
ATA Learning, adamtheautomator.com
- I am a technical writer for ATA Learning, a technical knowledge site for IT professionals. Article links can be found on my portfolio page at, johneverettcase.com/portfolio.